July 4, 2013

Review: Physician's Formula Eye Booster in Ultra Black


It's no secret that I am a huge fan of liquid eyeliner, and that I'm super picky about it.  I need something that is really pigmented, can effortlessly create a sharp line, and is waterproof.  Enter the Eye Booster by Physician's Formula.

PIGMENTATION: The name of this color, Ultra Black, is not a misnomer.  One swipe immediately delivers a rich, dense black.

I rubbed these lines a few times, and, as you can see, nothing happened.

PRODUCT: Not too thin, not too thick, the eyeliner's formula glides easily over my eyelids.  It dries down super fast, and STAYS PUT. I experienced no flaking or running-- even when my left eye would go rogue and water like crazy.  Also, it dries down to a satin finish.  The only downside to the how fast this dries, is that I have to scrape the dried eyeliner off of the brush tip a few times each time I use it.

The claim for this formula is that it has lash-boosting properties.  When I began using this, I was using the Urban Decay Lush Lash mascara, which did help my lashes grow.  If anything, the Eye Booster just maintained what the Lush Lash mascara did.

Obviously this is super well-loved!

PACKAGING: At first I was wary of the pen-style eyeliner since I was used to an inkwell, but it's really awesome.  The brush tip isn't too thin or too thick, and the fibers are really smooth.

PRICE: I bought this for around $11 at CVS, but it might be more or less depending on where you buy it.

All in all, the Eye Booster is easily my new favorite eyeliner, and is a great drugstore buy (or any store, really).  Of course, you don't have to take my word for it.  Physician's Formula Eye Booster is available  now at a drugstore near you. (or drugstore.com if not)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!