July 21, 2014

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick: Mötorhead Swatch + comparisons!

Hi! So I decided I couldn't live without Mötorhead and snatched it up, all with the thoughts that I didn't have a color quite like it in my collection. 

COLOR/PIGMENTATION: Sephora describes Mötorhead as "black cherry." I would say it is a darkened berry. Full on it pulls cool-toned, but sheered out it looked a warmer. I naturally have warm undertones to my skin, so you may have different results.

When swatched, I thought this looked could use a touch more pigmentation.  I'd say it had medium coverage.

Since I have a few darker lipsticks from KvD, and truthfully was disappointed by Mötorhead's color (I was expecting something MUCH darker), I decided to see how it compared to my other dark shades.

L-R: Vampira (from the Spellbinding lipstick set), Vampira everlasting love liquid lipstick. Mötorhead, Rosary Painted Love Lipstick 

As you can see, it is similar to the Vampira Liquid lipstick, just a touch lighter. This alone is making me consider returning Mötorhead to Sephora, but I really like the texture!

PRODUCT: Mötorhead has a slightly creamy texture and applied fairly evenly, that isn't drying nor is it moisturizing. Even on my desert-dry lips, I was able to wear this (with the help of lots of lip balm, of course) for quite a few hours. I think I lasted about 4 hours before I took it off-- not because of the lipstick, but because my dumb lips were peeling and looked gross.  Keep in mind my lips can't take wearing lipstick these days, and usually last around an hour before I have to take it off, so I'd say this is a pretty good formula!

PACKAGING: Please see my first Studded Kiss lipstick review for my thoughts on this.

PRICE: $21

Of course, you don't have to take my word for it! Kat Von D's Studded Kiss lipstick range is available now at Sephora.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!