January 17, 2015

Kat Von D Lock-it Featherweight Primer

Brand spankin' new in the Kat Von D line is the Lock-It Featherweight Primer. The packaging claims it is "hydrating, water based, weightless fragrance free, and oil free."



Product:  I've been using this for a few days now and I can't tell whether I like this or not.  It's initially hydrating, but it doesn't lock moisture into my skin for all-day comfort (i have dry skin.  If you have more oily skin, you may feel differently about this).  I have large pores and some fine lines happening under my eyes and on the sides of my mouth; and, this helped delay creasing in my lines, but it did nothing to fill in or blur my pores.  This was a better companion to my powder foundation then it was to my liquid foundation(s).




Packaging: Like the Lock-It Foundation, the primer has sort of packaging-within-packaging.  This has a pretty peacock feather design on the inner packaging. You can easily control how much comes out of the pump by how much you depress the button., This packaging has something I wish that the foundation had: a fancy stopper!

I'm sorry for this terrible picture.

Price: $32 for 1 oz.

All in all, I'm on the fence about this.  It's not amazing, and it's not terrible.  I'm going to continue to use this, and will update this post if I come to a more definitive conclusion about this.

Of course,  you don't have to take my word!  Kat von D's Lock-It Featherweight Primer is available now at Sephora.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!