April 3, 2015

Bella & Spike Azuki Bean Facial Scrub


I don't quite remember how it started , but I've been obsessed with powder exfoliants. It's been crazy hard to find an affordable one that is also cruelty-free.  Enter the Bella & Spike Skincare's Azuki Bean Facial Scrub. They describe it as "a gently exfoliating facial scrub that will leave your skin feeling smooth, moisturized, and radiant."
The powder a little lumpy, probably because I keep it in the shower and extra moisture gets in the bottle.
PRODUCT:  This is a powder that you can mix with water to create an exfoliant paste. (I sometimes mix it with my cleanser to kill two birds with one stone.) The grains are really fine so I don't feel like its scratching my sensitive skin. It smells like brown rice, which isn't amazing, but it's definitely not the worst smell in the world. The only complaint I have is that it my skin feels quite a bit dry after I use it, but its nothing I can't fix with a good moisturizer afterwards. With regular use I've noticed that my skin tone has been more even, which I didn't think would EVER happen.


PACKAGING: The scrub is housed in a frosted glass bottle with an easy-to-screw-open metal top. I keep it in the shower, so the ink on the label has began to run. It's not so bad that I can't read anything anymore, as you can see from the pictures.

PRICE: $20 for 4 oz.

Despite it not living up to its moisturizing claims, I really like the Azuki Bean Facial Scrub, and would definitely purchase it again.

As always, you don't have to take my word for it! The Azuki Bean Facial Scrub is available on Bella & Spike's Etsy page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!