February 4, 2011

Review: Kat Von D Pigment- Ladyhawke



A quick hello to everyone! This is the first offering from the Land of Lady Things, so sit back and enjoy the ride! On to the review!



Let me start off by saying that I'm a big fan of Kat Von D's cosmetic line. Everything I've purchased from it thus far has been really high quality with pretty packaging- what's not to love? Given my past experience, I knew I could buy something from the line sight unseen and probably be happy with it. Such was the case with this Kat Von D pigment!

Quick take: This is 5 grams/0.17 oz worth of shimmery dark reddish plum loose pigment. I feel like this would have been a good color to go with the Adora collection from fall '10.


(left side- used over Urban Decay Primer Potion. Right side: KvD Ladyhawke pigment all by its lonesome)
Pros: Highly pigmented, versatile (can be mixed with lip products, nail polish; etc), Price point- $16! Packaging is good- 4-holed sifter at top gave me perfect amount of product
Cons: Because it is loose, there is a bit of fallout and it doesn't go on as smoothly as a pressed shadow would. Color looked NOTHING like the swatch on Sephora.com (I ended up liking the color, but I imagine that others may not be so welcoming to this kind of surprise)

How does it compare to MAC pigments? I don't have any, so I don't know lol. (If anyone can clue me in, please do so!) What I do know is that MAC's pigments cost more for less ($19.50 for 4.5 grams/0.15oz).

You might like Kat Von D pigment in Ladyhawke if:
  • You are a fan of bold, highly pigmented cosmetics.
  • You want something high quality for a good price!

I personally am looking to get other colors, but I'm waiting until I can see them in person. No more surprises!

more colors/info: http://www.sephora.com/

Have you used this product? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!