August 14, 2011

Review: Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick (Forever and Never)

If you wear lipstick, do you have a preference of finishes?  Do you choose a certain finish if you're going for a certain eye look?  Usually I go for matte and satin finishes, maybe because I went wild for frosty colors when I was a teenager (my go-to lipstick was Sandstone by [i think] Maybelline if any of you out there remember that one); but, when I saw the promo images of the new Foiled Love lipsticks from Kat Von D, I had to have them.  It's probably because all the sparkle and shine lead me astray from my matte-lipsticked ways.
oOoO shiny!!
PIGMENTATION: This lipstick is a super metallic-y frosty golden peach, so I find it best to be light-handed in my application lest I look like someone who time traveled from the 90s. As with most KvD cosmetics, Forever and Never is packed with pigment, but since I'm fair-skinned, this kind of looks like a metallic version of my natural lip color. (I like to wear Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Wallflower with this to make my lips stand out a bit more)
PERFORMANCE:  I have a few of the KvD Painted Love lipsticks, which I love, but they dry out my lips a little.  While the Foiled Love lipstick won't replace my lip balm, it's definitely more moisturizing than the Painted Love series.
PACKAGING: The cap clicks on, so I can be sure it won't slide off in my makeup bag, which is a huge plus for me.  I think the metallic outside looks cool, but it takes on fingerprints. (see below)  I'm also not confident those printed-on roses on the outside are going to last.

PRICE: $18

Even though I'm more of a matte lipstick lady, Forever and Never Foiled Love lipstick is a pretty addition to my makeup arsenal.  I thought that going with a more neutral shade would be the safest bet, but I think the pinks or the red this is offered in would be really awesome (I'm waiting until they're in-store to check them out).


You don't have to take my word for it! Kat Von D's Foiled Love Lipstick is available now at Sephora.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!