January 7, 2012

Kat Von D Spring 2012

This week, Sephora put up the spring KvD collection. The launch is pretty big-- in addition to a new eyeshadow palette, there is also a new liquid lipstick formula, as well as an eyeliner set and nail polishes!

Mi Vida Loca True Romance Eyeshadow Palette
Definitely a departure from the spring palette of 2011! I'm very excited to try the matte blue and the new blue eyeliner.  According to Sephora, the color inspiration for Mi Vida Loca is totally 80s, but it reminds me personally of all the Lisa Frank stuff I had when I was a kid in the early 90s.
It's currently available on sephora.com!

High Voltage Lacquer
Brand spanking new for spring is NAIL POLISH!! It's coming in four colors that reflect those in Mi Vida Loca: purple, yellow, hot pink, and teal.  Miss Von D herself had tweeted about this a while back, calling them her "stained glass nail polish." When I think of stained glass, I think of translucent color,  but apparently these have actual shattered glass in the formula.  All of the colors but the yellow are available at Sephora right now.

Everlasting Liquid Love Lipstick
This new liquid lipstick boasts vibrant color with a matte finish and comes in six shades, mostly mostly in the pink and red family.  Sephora's description of this makes it sound exactly like their cream lip stains, which isn't a bad thing-- the one I have kicks major patoot! All of the colors are available now at Sephora

Triple Threat Tattoo Liner Set
Lastly, there is this felt-tipped eyeliner set. Instead of the normal brush of the normal Tattoo eyeliner, there are three different tip widths: chiseled  (which looks exactly like Tokidoki's Perfetto pen eyeliner), skinny, and medium. Personally, I'm not a fan of felt-tipped eyeliners-- it's hard to control the line width and the ones I've used (including the aforementioned Perfetto eyeliner) dry out too fast for my taste. I most likely won't be picking this up, but maybe seeing it in person will change my mind.  It, too, is available now at Sephora.

Speaking of eyeliner, it appears that the best liquid eyeliner I've ever used, the KvD Autograph Liquid liner, is being discontinued. It's only now only available in one color on Sephora's site, and in store I noticed the color I use was totally out of stock. Insert biggest sadface ever :(

There you have it! Four new products for your lady arsenal. Personally, I think it's weird that two of the products are similar to existing items in Sephora's other house brands.  Regardless, I couldn't help myself and ordered a nail polish, the Mi Vida Loca palette, and one of the Liquid Lipsticks.

Anything strike your fancy from this KvD launch? Have you tried any of these already? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!