January 11, 2012

Review: Kat Von D High Voltage Lacquer- No Regrets

High Voltage Lacquer is the first nail polish offered from Kat Von D for Sephora.

0.25 fl oz of product is contained in this stubby cylindrical bottle. I don't have a huge nail polish collection, so in comparison to the brands I have, this bottle feels really small. The brush is a good size despite the small bottle.  It applies even color to an entire nail in about 2 strokes (it may take 3 strokes if you have a wider nail bed). 


No Regrets has superfine hot pink glitter suspended in a hot pink base.  It definitely has a blue undertone to it.  Now that I'm thinking about it, the sparkliness of it reminds me of sparkly vinyl handbags. I'm usually not a fan of glitter polish because with polishes I've used before, not only did the glitter create a rough texture on my nails, but it was also was annoying and difficult to remove. Probably because the glitter is so fine, the surface of this on my nail is relatively smooth. The formula is thin, but applies very evenly and smoothly.  It takes two coats to reach opacity. Drying time per coat was under a minute!

UPDATE: 1/13/12: I noticed my first chip on my right middle finger. Truthfully, the polish started wearing off at the tips by the second day in, but I wanted to wait until I actually saw a chip to update the post. I don't have a base or top coat on my nails, so the color would probably last longer if it had those helper products to keep it in place.  On top of that, I'm in the process of moving, so my nails have really been through the ringer the past few days.

Overall, I like this nail polish, but I don't love it.  I feel for a $12 price tag, there should be something better about it-- Bigger bottle/more product? Opaque in one coat? Better wear time? Plus, due to my ignorance to what's out there in nail polish land, I don't really know how unique the four shades are.

You don't have to take my word for it, High Voltage Lacquer is available now at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!