Mi Vida Loca is the first new True Romance eye shadow palette from Kat Von D for Sephora for 2012! It's a collection of rainbow hues, inspired by the 80s. As with every True Romance palette, there are eight shadows. Included in Mi Vida Loca is a completely new eyeliner: Wonderchild.
- Swan Song: Cream with pink shimmer. This is VERY sheer, but had a velvety texture.
- Marya: Frosty pastel pink. This was a bit sheer, but had a good texture.
- No Regrets: Shimmery rasberry. Better color payoff than the previous two, but the texture wasn't as good.
- Drama for Your Mama: Purple with faint shimmer. The texture was a bit dry.
- Mad Max: Matte electric blue. Sadly, this was a bit chalky, but had decent color payoff.
- Dublin: Shimmery yellow-based grass green. Color payoff and texture-wise, this was the best of the bunch.
- Sparklehorse: Shimmery golden yellow. Good color payoff, good texture.
- Altruism: Shimmery pale butter yellow. A bit sheer, but had a good texture.
- Wonderchild: Metallic navy.
The right half of the palette performed much better than the right half, but it wasn't so bad that I'd recommend skipping Mi Vida Loca. I didn't build up the color in the swatches, but the colors (with the exception of Swan Song and Marya) can all be built up so that they look truer to the pan. As for the eyeliner, the formula is no different than the other Autograph pencils I've tried: it's creamy, waterproof, long lasting, and has great color payoff.
The packaging is no different than the last set of True Romance palettes that have come out. It's still the same metal case with the big mirror that won't stay propped up if I need it to.
All in all, if you are a fan of rainbow shadows, I feel there are better brands from which you can get your multicolored fix (namely Sugarpill). However, if you are curious to test the rainbow shadow water, I'd say Mi Vida Loca is a pretty good start. Plus, that eyeliner is preeetttyyy amazing and isn't available on its own.
You don't have to take my word for it! The Mi Vida Loca True Romance palette is available now for $34 at Sephora.