July 11, 2011

MAC's Bloggers' Obsessions! (and a look using KvD's Truth palette)

Who else hopped onto the MAC site as soon as the Blogger's Obsessions collection went live?  What a cool idea this was!  I think it would be awesome if this was a recurring collection (would once a year be too much?), but different bloggers were chosen every time.  I personally would love to see what Cora of Vintage or Tacky would have come up with!

From the collection, i only picked up the Hocus Pocus eyeshadow (created by Lianne at themakeupgirl.net) and the Evolution Revolution lipglass (created by Karen at makeupandbeautyblog.com.  Karen even shows 12 ways to use the shade she created!).  The eyeshadows Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle! and Jealousy Wakes were calling my name too, but I resisted. I feel like SNS looked similar to Rebekah (warm brown with gold micro glitter) from the KvD True Love palette, and I felt like i wouldn't wear Jealousy Wakes alot (even though it looked GORGEOUS).
Evolution Revolution

Even though all 12 of Karen's looks with Evolution Revolution were super pretty, I mostly got it in hopes it was a close match to my favorite (and limited edition) lipglass, Easy Lounger (from last summer's To the Beach collection).   Easy Lounger is a super sheer, cool-toned pink with pearls.  It looks good with so many different colors!  Evolution Revolution is a warm-toned milky coral with gold shimmer.  Sadly, not as close as I thought it would be, but it's still a pretty color!
R: Evolution Revolution L: Easy Lounger

I won't bother reviewing Hocus Pocus since it's sold out, but, if you're interested,  this is a look I did using this + the KvD Truth palette.
















Products used:
UDPP
crease/outer corner: MAC Hocus Pocus (slightly shimmery dark grey w/ slight olive tinge & iridescent glitter.)
lid: KvD Long Distance (bright shimmery lime green with gold glitter)
blending color: KvD Rehab (shimmery pale taupe with clear glitter) *I used this to blend Hocus Pocus and Long Distance together, and to soften the look a little.
highlight: KvD Sugar Skull (shimmery cream with golden shift)
brows: KvD Lucifer (matte black)
Diorshow Iconic mascara
KvD Autograph liner- Puro Amor (matte black)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!