February 15, 2011
Crease/outer corner: Prague
Lid: Long Distance
Highlight/inner corner: Sugar Skull
(other products used: High Frequency mascara in Lucifer, Autograph eyeliner in Puro Amor, eyeshadow in Lucifer [on brows], Tattoo Concealer in Light- all by Kat Von D. Also used: Urban Decay Primer potion)
I thought this looked a lot better in person, but maybe my light source was playing tricks on me? If so, maybe it's for the better. See how the colors don't blend completely smoothly into each other? Maybe these shadows would be better for a cut crease look?
If you have this palette and aren't having these problems, let me know! I'd love to hear the color combos that everyone has come up with, as well as any tips or tricks for these shadows!
February 14, 2011
Don't take my word for it-- you can purchase it at Sephora.
February 4, 2011
- crease: Kat Von D "LadyHawke" (deep red-plum with shimmer) pigment
- lid: MAC "Dalliance" (antiqued silvery gold with mega shimmer)mega metal eyeshadow
- highlight: Kat Von D "Tequila" (pale yellow shimmer)shadow (from the Ludwig palette)
- eyeliner: Kat Von D "Puro Amor" Autograph eyeliner(matte black)
- mascara: Kat Von D high voltage mascara in Lucifer (black) (sadly, this has been discontinued)
- brow: Kat Von D "Lucifer"(matte black) eyeshadow (from the Ludwig palette)
- cheeks: MAC "Tenderling" blush (sheer warm nude)
- lips: Urban Decay "Heavy" Lip junkie (sheer warm glossy nude)
Lesson: Using a more neutral shadow, you can tone down a color you feel is too intense. Just blend them together, et voila! It helps if the neutral shadow has some shimmer in it, to diffuse the level of intensity of the color you're trying to tone down.
If you haven't tried this before, let me know how it works for you!
If you're interested in any of the products used in this look:
A quick hello to everyone! This is the first offering from the Land of Lady Things, so sit back and enjoy the ride! On to the review!
(left side- used over Urban Decay Primer Potion. Right side: KvD Ladyhawke pigment all by its lonesome)
- You are a fan of bold, highly pigmented cosmetics.
- You want something high quality for a good price!
I personally am looking to get other colors, but I'm waiting until I can see them in person. No more surprises!
more colors/info: http://www.sephora.com/
Have you used this product? Let me know what you think!