July 17, 2012

Kat Von D Fall 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year-- for me at least-- because new products and fashion for Fall is being unveiled!  And really, what would this blog be without mentioning Kat Von D's new products for Fall/2012?

This season, not much in the way of color cosmetics as the focus seems to be on skin.  Let's take a look!

LOCK-IT TATTOO FOUNDATION ($35.00)
The first foundation from KvD!  This will come in 14 shades total, and has a 3 shade categories- Light, Medium, and Deep- so a large range of skin tones is covered.  I will assume this is supposed to be a full-coverage foundation (even though Sephora's description doesn't say so), since the pigmentation is emphasized in the description.  Speaking of, Sephora notes this has 21% pigment-- does anyone else know the percentage of pigments in their foundation?  The packaging looks great, and  I'm anxious to return to a foundation with a pump.

LOCK-IT TATTOO CONCEALER ($25.00)
As a lover of the original Tattoo Concealer, I'm curious about this.  Besides the new name system and packaging, is the formula different?  I'm not sure how many shades of the original packaging it came in, but the Lock-It tattoo concealer comes in 8, with the same shade Light-Medium-Deep shade categories as the foundation.

FOILED LOVE LIQUID LIPSTICK ($19.00)

If this is a shimmery version of the Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick, which I loved, then count me in.  Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick (which is available now!) comes in four colors:
Forever & Never- "Shimmering Light Bronze"
Backstage Bambi- "Bold Pink"
Adora- "Bright Red"
Hellbent- "Deep Maroon Red"
All descriptions are according to Sephora.


SHADE SHIFTER EYESHADOW ($TBD)
These aren't on Sephora's site (yet), but I've seen the display for them in-store.  These might be duochromes, but I remember the display text saying something about "water activation." It's coming in four colors.  I don't remember the names, but this is what the colors looked like:
gold/copper or bronze
blue/purple
plum/burgundy
reddish brown/green (a la Urban Decay Lounge, MAC Club or the similar color that's in the KvD Gypsy palette from way back)
Needless to say, I'm really curious to see these in person.

I'm SUPER excited for the foundation, as so far I've found her face products to be worthwhile.  Also, my theory is that since there is only one new color cosmetic (which is probably very similar to something previously launched), I want to believe the makeup scientists worked really hard and took a lot of time to create an awesome foundation.  

How are you feeling about the KvD fall 2012 collection? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!