December 8, 2011

Holiday look 2: Blue and silver smoky eye

Hello!  Here's another holiday look that's NOT a gold eye with a red lip!  This was inspired by the blue and silver that's associated with Hanukkah at this time of the year. I used a coral blush and lip for a bit of a contrast, but this will look great with pink and berry tones.

Before I put the color on, I applied my face makeup and put primer on my eyes.

Eyes
Step 1: Apply a blue shadow to your lid,


  and halfway across your lower lash line.

Step 2: Apply a medium silver shadow to the crease, blending it slightly into the blue.

Step 3: Apply a gunmetal shadow to deepen the outer corner of your eye. I also applied it about half way across my upper lash line.

Step 4 & 5: Add highlights to the inner corner and brow bone, blending the surrounding shadows together. Then I filled in my brows a bit. I just dyed them yesterday, so I didn't go as crazy as I normally do.

Step 6 + 7: Line your upper and lower waterlines with black eyeliner-- I also traced the pencil 3/4 of the way across my top lash line and diffused it a little bit. Then I put on a thickening mascara.  Feel free to put on false lashes for an ULTRAGLAM look!

Lips: Just swipe on a coral lipstick and add gloss to the center of your lips. Super easy!

The final product:

What I used:
Eyes
all products are Kat Von D except where noted otherwise
*Speed Blue e/s
*Razor Gray e/s
*Lucifer (on brows)
*Holy Bible e/s
*Puro Amor autograph pencil
*Sin-full mascara
*Urban Decay Gunmetal e/s
*Urban Decay Primer Potion

Face:
*KvD Rehab Priming elixir
*KvD tattoo concealer in Light and Porcelain
*L'Oreal True Match foundation
*Benefit Coralista blush
*Make Up Forever HD Powder

Lips
*KvD Painted Love Lipstick in Coral Castle
*Smashbox Lip Enhancing gloss in Pout

What kind of look do you go for during the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!