November 28, 2011

Review: Kat Von D True Romance Pigment in Conquer


Hi! Hope everyone  had  a good  holiday.  Did anyone shop the sales over the weekend? I shopped a little before Thanksgiving and picked up the other KvD pigment exclusive to the Sephora inside JC Penney. The shade, called Conquer, is a metallic light yellow green with a yellow gold sparkle.

This pigment is another hit for for me.  It applies smoothly and evenly, and I think it looks just as good wet as it does dry. The texture of this is as good as Meditation, but I haven't worn it yet so I can't speak of the fallout factor.  Then again, I always wear eye primer so I rarely have fallout problems throughout the day.



Left- swatched dry Right- swatched wet

When I first laid eyes upon this, I thought it was too similar to "Dimebag" from the Ludwig palette, but Conquer is definitely warmer and has more of a metallic finish.
Left- Dimebag. See how much cooler-toned it is? (natural lighting)

Dime bag (l) and Conquer (r) in indoor lighting

You don't have to take my word for it-- it's available now exclusively in Sephora inside JC Penney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Please check back (or subscribe!) for replies!